The Boyer Gallery is one of the finest facilities of its kind in the tri-county area, providing approximately 2,000 square feet of well-lit exhibit space. Indented wall space juxtaposed with a handsome curved wall and a built-in oak bench creates the perfect setting for two and three dimensional works. Well-known regional artist Mildred Sands Kratz has described it as “the finest exhibit space on the East Coast.” The Gallery presents a series of art exhibits each year, including solo exhibitions of local and regionally recognized artists, as well as area art guilds and student shows. The Center maintains a permanent collection of area artists who have exhibited in the Center as well as works of exceptional Hill students.
The Boyer Gallery was on October 3, 2003 in honor of The Boyers, an area family that has, for generations, made significant contributions to the local community as well as The Hill School. This naming ceremony was timed to coincide with what would have been the 60th reunion year of James K. Boyer, Hill class of 1943, who passed away in March 1991. The Boyer Gallery recognizes the ongoing role played in the region and at The Hill by Jim's wife, Nancy L. Boyer, an accomplished artist in her own right and who has had exhibits on display in the Gallery. The Boyer Gallery also acknowledges service to the School provided by the Boyers' sons: Walter L Boyer, Hill class of '74 and former Hill School trustee; and James K. Boyer, Jr., Hill class of '72 and secretary of his Hill class. James and Nancy also have two daughters, Mary Ann Boyer Hall and Patricia Boyer. The Boyer legacy at The Hill has included Jim Boyer's father, Daniel B. Boyer, Hill class of 1907, and several uncles, cousins, and grandchildren.