Students wishing to participate in community service through The Hill School's afternoon program have an opportunity to do this in a variety of meaningful ways, ranging from assisting area elementary students with their studies to volunteering with local non-profit organizations.
- Latinos Unidos at First Baptist Church in Pottstown: Hill students tutor bilingual children during this after-school program held Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School: Hill students work one-on-one in the reading center or assist teachers in the classroom.
- Steel River Playhouse: Hill students assist with a variety of backstage and pre-production tasks, assist with marketing, and perform other support work for this local theater company.
- Olivet Boys and Girls Club: Hill students work with the after school program, providing homework assistance, overseeing activities in the gym and game room, and helping students rehearse carols for the club’s annual holiday party.
Students from the School also have assisted local groups with a variety of short-term or special projects, including:
- Setting up for a used book sale at the Pottstown Public Library.
- Cleaning, raking, and landscaping in preparation for the opening of an art exhibit celebrating veterans.
- Preparing equipment for a community-wide clean up event.