The Hill’s varsity soccer pitch, currently named Wells-Davidson '16 Pitch, has been the center fixture of the residential quad since 1959. For several years, the pitch was located inside of the track. In 2013, the track was removed and the soccer pitch underwent several renovations, including the installation of new sod and a much improved irrigation and drainage system. With the renovations, the pitch’s dimensions now are 120 yards by 75 yards, consistent with professional dimensions. A large electronic scoreboard stands at the east end of the facility.
The new pitch was dedicated on October 5, 2013. Read a recap of the dedication
that also contains photos and a copy of the dedication remarks.