ID/Access/Debit Account Card: Every student at The Hill is issued a card that is their school ID, allows access to the dormitories, and is linked to their school debit account. Once parents have deposited funds into their student’s debit account, the card can be used for purchases in the Campus Store, the Grille, and for cash withdrawals. Students are able to obtain their account balance at the point of each card transaction. Cards will be replaced at the Student Activities Office with the following fee schedule:
First replacement – free
Second replacement - $10
Third replacement - $25
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Where can the Debit Account Card be used?
1. Campus Store – Academic supplies, personal care items, snack items, and Hill apparel.
2. The Grille – Food and drink purchases (snack bar in the Student Center).
3. Business Office - Cash withdrawals and debit card deposits
What is the advantage of the Debit Account Card?
For students, it provides a realistic experience of managing money. For parents, it provides control over your child's miscellaneous spending. For the benefit of everyone, it reduces the amount of cash students must carry or keep in a dorm room.
Will purchases in the Campus Store / Grille be billed home?
No. Student purchases must either be made with the Debit Account Card or with cash.
What is the fee for a Debit Account Card, and for replacement cards?
There is not a fee for the initial set up of the students account, nor for the first card. The second replacement is $10; the third replacement is $25. These cards should be kept in a safe place over the summer, as new cards are not issued at the beginning of the new school year.
What accounting will the parent and the student receive?
Students will receive a transaction slip with each purchase or withdrawal; parents can view past statements and current activity on MyBackpack.
What happens if a card runs out of funds?
Purchases and cash withdrawals with the card will not be permitted unless there is a sufficient balance.
How are funds deposited to the Debit Account Card?
- Payments may be made online via MyBackpack. Funds will be posted and available the following business day.
- A parent/student may take cash or check (payable to "The Hill School") to the Business Office. All deposit received before noon will be available that day; funds received after noon will be available the following day.
- Mail a check (payable to "The Hill School"), along with the debit card deposit form to The Hill School, Attn: Cyndy Schnovel, 717 E. High Street, Pottstown, PA 19464. Mail received in the Business Office before noon will be available that day, funds received after noon will be available the following day.
- Parents may arrange a wire transfer directly from their bank account to the school bank account. Please call Mrs. Schnovel in the Business Office at 610-705-1025 to obtain wiring information. NOTE: This usually takes 2-3 days for funds to arrive to our bank via wire transfer.
Where can students make cash withdrawals using the Debit Account Card?
Cash withdrawals can only be made from the Business Office between the hours of
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. / 1:30 to 4 p.m.
To which office at the School should inquiries be directed?
|Replacement cards/Student Life
|| 610-326-1000 ext. 7288|
|Purchase questions/Campus Store
|| 610-326-1000 ext. 7291|
|Account balance/Business Office
|| 610-326-1000 ext. 7293|
|| 610-326-1000 ext. 7293|
|Fax communications/Business Office