Encyclopedia Britannica On-line: Premium database of 350,000 sources. View tutorial.
JSTOR: Full text of more than 500 academic journals across all disciplines. View tutorial.
Literature Criticism On-line: Literature Criticism Online is comprised of eight multi-volume series of Literature Criticism Online published by Gale Press covering centuries of critiques on authors and their works that span all time periods, types of literature, and regions. Centuries of analysis – the scholarly and popular commentary from books, journals, magazines, pamphlets, diaries, and newspapers – is available in an on-line format
Literary Reference Center: Provides information on thousands of literary works across disciplines and timeframes. This database combines information from major respected reference works, books, and literary journals in addition to original content from EBSCO Publishing. This database contains plot summaries, synopses, criticism, biographies, journal articles, book reviews, poetry, short stories, author interviews, classic texts, and more including the following reference sources: View tutorial.
- Merriam Webster's Encyclopedia of Literature
- Continuum Encyclopedia of American Literature
- Continuum Encyclopedia of British Literature
- Continuum Encyclopedia of Children's Literature
- The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics
- Beacham's Research Guide to Biography and Criticism (six volumes)
- The Oxford Illustrated History of English Literature
- The Literary Encyclopedia
- The Columbia Companion to the 20th Century American Short Story
- All of MagillOnLiterature PlusT
The Project MUSE®: complete collection offers a comprehensive selection of prestigious humanities and social sciences journals to support a core liberal arts curriculum at any academic institution. Every journal is heavily indexed and peer-reviewed, with critically acclaimed articles by the most respected scholars in their fields. View tutorial.