The Hill School- The Family Boarding School
 
Athletics

James Gillison III '29 Basketball Court

 
 
The Hill's varsity and junior varsity boys' and girls' basketball teams tip-off against their opponents on this court named after alumnus James Gillison III '29. Constructed in 1931, the court features large permanent poured concrete stands with the capacity to hold 500 spectators, players’ benches, a built-in scorer’s table on the north end, and scoreboards on both the east and west walls. The center-jump circle is named after Donald S. Ronnie, legendary basketball coach who directed Hill basketball through 37 seasons. Gillison Court also is the site of the Mid-Atlantic Prep League championship banners, for all sports won by Hill teams since the establishment of the league in 1998.

search login