On Saturday, April 28, the newly renovated varsity baseball field was formally dedicated
in front of dozens of alumni, parents, and friends of the school. Former baseball coach James "Doc" Finn, who was the team's head coach for 33 years, was honored during the dedication. The dedication also was used to honor 125 years of Hill baseball, as the team's inaugural season was in 1887.
Following a blessing from the Rev. Dr. John Houghon, Headmaster Dougherty spoke briefly about the tradition of Hill baseball as well as the School's long-standing rivalry with Lawrenceville, who served as the team's opponent that afternoon, and also thanked the more than 60 generous donors who made the field renovations possible.
Once the game began, Hill fell behind 1-0 in the first inning courtesy of a two-out single but answered with a six-run fourth inning. The rally started with a three-run double from Kyushik Nam '13, the first of three consecutive RBI doubles. Adam Regensburg '13 drove Nam home before being driven home himself by Evann Dumont-Lapointe '13. The visiting Big Red attemped a rally over the next three innings, but were shut down by Seth Regensburg '13, who struck out six batters while scattering seven hits to earn the complete game win. The team improved to 9-3 overall and 5-0 in the MAPL with the win.