PARENT - READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of the use of the facilities of The Hill School, including the grounds, gymnasium, swimming pool, athletic fields, basketball or tennis courts, or locker room/dressing/changing areas (the “Facilities”), by my minor child, registered above, as part of my child’s attendance at the Field Hockey Skills on The Hill Camp, I, the undersigned, as parent and natural guardian for said minor child, acknowledge and agree that:
1. I acknowledge that the nature and risk of injury from the use of the Facilities for camp activities (collectively “Activities”) are significant, as are the risks of continuing to participate in Activities after any injury.
2. On behalf of my minor child, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, from the use of the Facilities and/or participation in the Activities, EVEN IF THE RISKS ARISE FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF any other individual or entity.
3. I, for myself and on behalf of my minor child, heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIM OF LIABILITY AGAINST, RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS, The Hill School, its officers, agents, employees, and its and their successors and assigns (collectively “Releasees”) and other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the Activities, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE to person or property associated with my use of the Facilities or participation in or attendance at an Activity, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. This waiver and release shall include a waiver of subrogation against Releasees.
4. I understand that no refunds are available if camp is cancelled within 72 hours of the start date or if the camper must withdraw due to illness, including Covid-19 quarantine/isolation, or injury. If a parent cancels prior to two weeks of the camp’s start, a full refund will be issued. If the parent cancels less than two weeks and before 72 hours (3 days) from the camp start, a 50% refund will be issued.
5. Parents and campers agree to comply with all safety protocols, including any antigen testing, wellness and thermal checks to ensure campers are healthy and well to participate in camp activities. In the event of a positive COVID test of any camper or camp staff member, The Hill School will report the case to the PA DOH and follow all directives from the ensuing protocols and contact tracing.
6. Parents and campers agree to authorize the The Hill School’s nurse on duty to render first aid for any minor injuries. The nurse or coach will call parents to report any injuries and parents may be required to pick their camper up for additional care or rest, if needed.
7. This Acknowledgement of Risk and Waiver of Liability shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Any claims or disputes arising from participation in this program shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.