Social Media Policy
The Hill School welcomes participation on our official social media channels and encourages our students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni to interact often with us and with each other.
We seek for all visitors to our pages to uphold The Hill School’s motto of “Whatsoever things are true” by adding to the discussion and helping our community grow in constructive ways.
Administrators of official Hill School social media channels reserve the right to delete the following, or to block users who post the following:
- Comments/Posts that libel, incite, threaten, or disparage the School, employees, students and/or their families, alumni[ae], and other individuals.
- Comments/posts that are abusive, profane, violent, obscene, malicious, threatening, intimidating, harassing, or bullying.
- Comments/posts that contain hate speech (speech that targets people or groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or any other protected status).
- Comments/Posts that disclose confidential information relating to the School, its students, employees, alumni[ae], operations, plans, or programs.
- Comments/posts that contain falsehoods or are off-topic.
- Comments/posts that threaten to harm individuals, groups, or organizations.
- Comments/posts that appear to be from fake/spam accounts.
- Commercial advertisements or solicitations of funds.
- Endorsement or encouragement of illegal activities.
- Multiple repetitive posts (spam).
- Personal information, including but not limited to e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, or mailing addresses.
- Use of the School’s logos or trademarks on personal accounts is prohibited.
Posted comments and replies do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of The Hill School. All content and posts are bound by the individual platform’s terms of service.