Each year the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards recognize outstanding works by high school students on a regional and national level. Students earning a gold key on the regional level are automatically considered for national honors. This year 18 Hill School students were recognized for their writing in the Philadelphia Regional contest earning a total of 24 awards: five Gold Keys, eight Silver Keys, and 11 Honorable Mentions.
Diemmy Dang '24 received three Gold Keys and was named an American Voices Nominee for her short story, "Things We Find in the Nail Salon." Only five American Voices nominations are awarded in each category in each regional division, and one student nominated for the American Voices from each region will be awarded a gold medal at the national level. This is the second time Diemmy received an American Voices honor. In 2021, she was the first Hill School student to be named an American Voices Nominee and the first third form (freshman) Hill School student to receive recognition at the national level for their writing.
Aidan Ma '23 received a Gold Key for his writing and art portfolios; he also received a Silver Key in the short story category.
Gold Key: The very best works submitted to local programs. Gold Key works are automatically considered for national-level recognition.
- Diemmy Dang '24, short story and poetry
- Lucy Lyu '25, Critical Essay
- Aidan Ma '23, Writing Portfolio
Silver Key: Stand-out works submitted to local programs that demonstrate exceptional ability.
- Chelsea Kuang '25, short story
- Emerson Leger '25, critical essay
- Aidan Ma '23, short story
- Margaret O’Halloran '25, poetry
- Srinidi Pasumarthy '26, short story
- Carrie Shang '23, short story
- Fiona Shen '25, poetry
- Sissi Zhen '24, poetry
Honorable Mention: Accomplished works submitted to local programs showing great skill and potential.
- Jaewon Lee'25, critical essay
- Jeremy Lee'24, journalism
- Emerson Leger '25, personal essay
- Richard Liao '24, personal essay
- Meredith Marks '24, short story
- Srinidi Pasumarthy '26, personal essay
- Fiona Shen '25, personal essay
- Adelyn Sim '24, poetry
- Madison Tian '25, personal essay
- Vicky Zhang '26, Humor
- Rena Zhang '25, critical essay