International Student FAQs
- What are The Hill's Application Requirements and Deadlines?
- What Testing is Required for International Applicants?
- Who Is Considered an International Applicant?
- Does the School Offer ESL?
- How Do I Schedule an Interview?
- Is Financial Aid Available for International Students?
- Are students Allowed to Remain on Campus During School Breaks?
The Hill accepts students for September enrollment only. Our deadline for applying for first-round admission is January 31. After January 31, admission to The Hill School is on a space-available basis. Decisions are made on a rolling basis until the available positions for each form (grade) are filled. Interested applicants should follow the application instructions available here. Due to the increase in applications to The Hill, we discourage sending additional information such as certificates, letters of achievement, artwork, and videos as supplements. Please use Part 2 of the application to highlight your recent achievements.
- Underform (9th, 10th, 11th grade) applicants should take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Please make sure that test scores are sent directly to The Hill School. Our SSAT school code is 3898.
- Upperform applicants may submit PSAT or SAT results to fulfill testing requirements.
- We do not accept the SLEP test to fulfill the standardized testing requirement.
- The Hill strongly recommends that students whose primary language is not English take the TOEFL. The Hill School looks for an internet-based score of 100 or higher. Our TOEFL code is 8078.
International applicants are welcome to apply for financial aid, but please be aware that The Hill does not typically award financial aid to international students.International applicants are welcome to apply for financial aid, but please be aware that The Hill does not typically award financial aid to international students.