Local Dining and Attractions
POTTSTOWN & DOWNTOWN RESTAURANTS
Pottstown & Downtown Restaurants:
Aye Caramba Taco (484-524-8611)
Fresh and modern Mexican street food
High Street Terminal
300 E. High Street., Pottstown
The Avenue (484-752-4076)
Authentic Carribean cuisine; BYOB
107 E. High Street, Pottstown
Downtown bakery specializing in gourmet cupcakes and specialty desserts.
322 E. High St., Pottstown
Barrister Bagel Company (484-973-6675)
Fresh bagels and specialty cream cheeses
250 E. High Street, Pottstown
Blue Elephant (484-949-9084)
New upscale restaurant featuring Italian-Thai dishes with Japanese influences and a variety of sushi selections.
152 E. High St., Pottstown
Cleopatra Cafe (814-446-9081)
Authentic Egyptian and Mediterranean food
15 Moser Rd., Pottstown (1 mile)
Coffee, donuts, bagel sandwiches
1495 E. High St., Pottstown (1 mile)
Excellent fresh hand-carved sandwiches
137 E. High St., Pottstown
Small BYOB in downtown Pottstown with excellent food
20 S. Charlotte St., Pottstown
High Street Steaks (610-850-9991)
Classic cheesesteaks and hoagies
14 S. Charlotte St., Pottstown
Excellent cheese steaks and sandwiches, also serves breakfast
King and Manatawny Streets, Pottstown
iCreate Cafe (484-312-0404)
A small vegetarian/vegan cafe specializing in Middle Eastern cuisine.
130 King St., Pottstown
Island Pride (814-401-3078)
Authentic Jamaican cuisine
149 E. High St.
Family-friendly craft brewery featuring scratch cooking.
227 E. High St., Pottstown
Juan Carlos Fine Mexican Food (484-624-4931)
BYOB "casually elegant" authentic Mexican cuisine with a South American flair.
235 E. High St., Pottstown
Little Italy's (The Pourhouse) (610-327-0162)
A favorite of Hill School students and faculty, serves pizza, pasta, and sandwiches
636 E. High St., Pottstown
Brick-oven pizza, wings, sandwiches, and other pub fare
331 Circle of Progress Dr., Pottstown (3 miles)
Shorty's Sunflower Cafe (610-970-5111)
Excellent breakfast and lunch
1494 N. Charlotte St., Pottstown (4 miles)
Wagyu burgers, grilled cheese, and milkshakes
High Street Terminal
300 E. High St., Pottstown
Old-school hot dog shop also serves burgers, fries, and steaks.
252 E. High St., Pottstown
Authentic Mexican cuisine
16 S. Keim St., Pottstown
Sandwiches, soups, coffee, beverages, and more
1520 E. High St., Pottstown (1 mile)
OTHER LOCAL RESTAURANTS
Other Local Restaurants:
Drive a few miles from campus and you can enjoy great food at a wide variety of restaurants such as Big Phil's, Fujiama Japanese Steak House, Craft Ale House, Black Lab Bistro, and more.
Owned by a Hill alumnus, restaurant and bar featuring scratch made food.
Coventry Mall, 351 W Schuylkill Rd, Suite A2, Pottstown (3 miles)
248 Bridge Street, Phoenixville (15 miles)
Great Italian food
474 Swamp Pike, Schwenksville (10 miles)
Serving lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch
Craft Ale House (484-932-8180)
Excellent lunch and dinner menus
708 W. Ridge Pike, Limerick (5 miles)
Hibachi and sushi bar
1495 Farmington Ave. Pottstown (4 miles)
Excellent Italian food; large portions
1492 East Schuylkill Road, Pottstown (3 miles)
Offbeat, eclectic, fresh and simple ingredients
1534 Manatawny Rd., Pine Forge (6 miles)
Inn at St. Peter's Village (610-469-2600)
Dinner only, Sunday brunch (Bed and Breakfast)
3471 St. Peter's Rd., Saint Peters (10 miles)
130 E. Bridge Street, Phoenixville (15 miles)
Jake's Wayback Burger (484-300-4246)
255 Upland Square Dr., Pottstown (3 miles)
Judy’s on Cherry (610-374-8511)
"Best of Berks" 2011 for fine dining
332 Cherry Street, Reading (20 miles)
Kimberton Inn (610-933-8148)
2105 Kimberton Road, Kimberton (12 miles)
Los Aztecas (610-323-6928)
Authentic Mexican food
223 Shoemaker Rd., Pottstown (2 miles)
Ludwig's Grille & Oyster Bar (610-458-5336)
Route 100 south, Ludwigs Corner (9 miles)
1 Town Center Dr., Collegeville (14 miles)
PF Chang's (610-489-0110)
10 Town Center Dr., Collegeville (14 miles)
204 Shoemaker Rd., Pottstown (2 miles)
Seven Stars Inn (610-495-5205)
Overly generous portions
300 Ridge Rd., Phoenixville (16 miles)
520 Kimberton Road, Phoenixville (15 miles)
220 Upland Square Dr, Stowe (2.5 miles)
VeeKoo Asian Cuisine (610-948-5433)
Chinese, Japanese, Thai fine dining
333 10th Ave., Royersford (10 miles)
600 Commerce Drive, Collegeville (14 miles)
- Local Downtown Shops Studio 36, Once Upon A Time Consignment Boutique, Bootleg Bonanza, Army Navy Store, Dani Bee Funky (High St. Terminal), Deliah and Dean Organic Market and Gifts
- Coventry Mall Pottstown (3 miles) Kohl's, Boscov's, Dick's Sporting Goods, and more.
- Upland Square Shopping Center Pottstown (3 miles) Target; TJ Maxx; Ross; Burlington Coat Factory; Starbucks; Bed, Bath & Beyond; Giant; KIWI Yogurt; AMC Cinemas; Five Below; ULTA; TREX; Hallmark; and more.
- Philadelphia Premium Outlets Limerick, Pa. (6 miles) Coach, Banana Republic, Under Armour, Nike, GAP, J Crew, Vera Bradley, Anne Taylor, Brooks Brothers, and more.
- Providence Town Center Collegeville, Pa. (14 miles) Wegman's; Michael's; Homegoods; Old Navy; Best Buy; ULTA; DSW; Movie Tavern; PF Chang's; and more.
- King of Prussia Mall King of Prussia, Pa. (22 miles) The second largest shopping mall in the country!
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Arts and Entertainment:
The Pottstown area is rich in arts and entertainment opportunities including the Steel River Playhouse, Art Fusion 1964, Pottsgrove Manor, and Reading Public Museum.
- Steel River Playhouse Downtown Pottstown
- Art Fusion 19464 Downtown Pottstown
- Pottsgrove Manor Pottstown, Pa.
- Manatawny Still Works Pottstown, Pa. (3 miles)
- Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles Boyertown, Pa. (8 miles)
- Poco Loco Paintball Eagleville, Pa. (10 miles)
- Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site Elverson, Pa. (14 miles)
- Manatawny Creek Winery Douglassville, Pa. (8.9 miles)
- The Philip and Muriel Berman Museum of Art at Ursinus College Collegeville, Pa. (16 miles)
- Mill Grove at Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary Audubon, Pa. (17 miles)
- Reading Public Museum Reading, Pa. (20 miles)
- Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Allentown, Pa. (30 miles)
- Longwood Gardens Kennett Square, Pa. (36 miles)