Afternoon Arts is a special program for dedicated and skilled arts students. Students who demonstrate excellence and discipline in Music, Visual Arts, and Media Arts may participate one or more terms after they have been accepted into a specific area. New students are directed to contact Mrs. Lim, the Afternoon Arts Coordinator, and apply for the winter/spring term of their admitted year.
Afternoon Arts Descriptions
Learn more about out other afternoon co-curricular opportunities.
An application or audition is required for Music, Recording Studio, Visual Art, and Theatre. Driven and committed fifth and sixth form students may apply to participate in three-terms of Afternoon Arts in one discipline. The deadlines to apply are August 15 for the three-term distinction, September 1 for the fall term, and by midnight before varsity tryouts for winter and spring terms.
Music Application AFTERNOON ARTS
Visual Art Application AFTERNOON ARTS
The following guidelines should be read thoroughly before signing up for an Afternoon Arts program.
- All students are required to be involved in some form of supervised activity during the period designated for that purpose, each day when school is in session, unless otherwise excused. All students enrolled in Afternoon Arts must participate in a fitness regimen equal to at least two hours of physical activity per week under the direction of an authorized arts instructor. Repeated failure to attend these workouts will result in removal from the Afternoon Arts program.
- Fifth and sixth form students may participate in up to three terms of afternoon arts per academic year, provided they have applied for, and have been accepted into, a three-term program. Not all students who apply are guaranteed acceptance into the Afternoon Arts Program of their choice, and both Athletics and Arts Department approval is required. Three-term applications are submitted to the Afternoon Arts coordinator and are due on August 15 before the new school year begins. Download the application by clicking on the button above.
- Third and fourth form students may participate in up to two terms (fall, winter, or spring) of afternoon arts during the academic year, but not all students who apply are guaranteed acceptance into the Afternoon Arts program of their choice. Arts Department approval is required.
- Third and fourth form students, who participate in Afternoon Arts, must also participate as players, in at least one term of interscholastic sports during the term in which they elect not to participate in Afternoon Arts.
- As a general rule, students may not enroll in afternoon arts after enrollment deadlines have passed. Students may not apply to the Afternoon Arts program after they have been cut from a sport. Arts should be their primary focus, not a fallback if other things don't work out.