Arts Department Field Trips and Visiting Artists
- Visual Arts: Muralist Emma Yardley from Bozman, Montana worked with students to create a mural for our entrance way of the Center For The Arts.
- Dance: Frederick Johnson, international dance choreographer, met with classes on September 28 and October 5. While on campus, he helped choreograph a new piece for our Advanced Fundamentals class as well as provided a master class in hip hop to students in our Introduction to Dance class.
- Field Trip to Philadelphia: Students in Hill’s Photography and Video and Filmmaking classes traveled to Philadelphia, Pa. to visit the Eastern State Penitentiary and the Rodin Museum while doing street photography around the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Advanced Photography and Advanced Video and Filmmaking students visited the Philadelphia Magic Gardens to view work by Isaiah Zagar. Street photography was done around City Hall and Love Park.
- The Chorus and Chamber Choir attended the Temple University Cantate! The Choir Festival took place on November 3. The Choir performed and was adjudicated by members of Temple’s Vocal Department.
- Philadelphia Orchestra Trip featuring Yannick and Helene Grimaud, Piano
- Woodworking class visited the Trading Post in nearby Spring City, Pa.
- January 8-11: Bonnie Goldstein, Open Box Intaglio printmaking
- January 20: Philadelphia Orchestra trip featuring Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue
- January 24: District 11 Choral Festival at Nashamini High School in Langhorne, Pa.
- January 26: Boyer Gallery reception for Michael Hower’s exhibition “Mosaic of Decay”
- January 29: Elementary School Outreach Music Tour: The Hill School Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble will perform at St. Aloysisus School and The Wyndcroft School. This is an all-day experience for Hill students.
- Photography, Studio Art, and Video and Filmmaking students will meet with photographer, Michael Hower. His exhibit will be in the Boyer Gallery in January and February.
- February 11: The Hill School Jazz Ensemble participates in the High School Jazz Showcase at the Steelstacks in Bethlehem, Pa.
- February 17: Philadelphia Orchestra trip featuring Joshua Bell, Violin
- March 22-23: Roxbury Invitational: Featuring Hill's a cappella groups, the Hilltones and Hilltrebles.
- April 5: Boyer Gallery reception for Teresa Deseve
- April 10: Hilltones and Hilltrebles will attend the Inter A Cappella at Episcopal Academy
- April 11: Studio Art field trip to Moravian Tile Factory & Michener Museum
- April 18: Art History field trip to Penn Museum & PMA
- Woodworking field trip to Warton Esherick Museum.
- Guest Artist Kimberly Winkle – juror for the 30th Annual Juried Woodworking Exhibition
- Photography class field trip to Warwick Furnace Farm. Photographer Claire Rosen will talk about her work as we tour her studio.