The Hill School's beautiful campus includes athletics facilities that support our commitment to nurturing students in "mind, body, and spirit." Please read more about our sports and fitness facilities by expanding the accordions below.
The Hill School facilities are designed for a number of individual and group activities, and can be reserved for camps, tournaments, practices, and other events. Facility rental information is available here.
- David H. Mercer Field House
- Jerry Day Jr. '37 Squash Center
- Edward Tuck Hall Arena and Thomas Eccleston Jr. Rink
- James Gillison III '29 Basketball Court
- Frank S. Bissell '33 Wrestling Room
- Briggs S. Cunningham '26 Pool
- Michael F. Sweeney Gymnasium
- Lehrman '56 Pavilion
- Weight Room
- Fitness Room
Surface Dimensions: 200’ x 85’
* On-campus rink with dedicated varsity locker rooms in which players may keep equipment year-round.
* A skate room is located in the rink, giving players easy access to simple equipment repairs and free skate sharpening.
Located adjacent to the Mercer Field House, The Hill's weight room includes six squat racks equipped with bumper training plates, full dumbbell and kettlebell sets, 14 cardio machines, and various strength training machines.
The fitness center is conveniently located in the center of the Athletic Complex and features floor-length mirrors, climate control, and glass doors opening to the field house.
As of December 1, 2016, access to The Hill School’s weight room will be restricted to individuals with a Hill School ID card. A swipe card system has been installed by the weight room’s main entrance to grant access. All current Hill students and employees should have a functional ID card that works with the swipe system.
Alumni, current and past Hill School parents, and persons with a direct connection to the School may apply for a weight room access card. To apply, please fill out the Weight Room Access Application Form, and a member of The Hill’s Athletics Department will follow up with you.
- Briggs S. Cunningham '26 '50 Field
- Harry L. Price Field
- William W. Hauser '81 Track
- Wells-Davidson '16 Pitch
- Dell Field
- Varsity Baseball Field
- Jim Long Field
- Tennis Courts
- Far Fields
- Brookside Country Club
Located on Beech Street between the main entrance to the School and the Center for the Arts, the Dell Field is home to Hill football. A large bleacher section for home fans is located on the Beech Street side of the field, and bleachers for visiting fans are on the dell side. Fans frequently sit on the small hill behind the west endzone, making for a great game day atmosphere. Towers are located at midfield on each sideline to give high, central vantage points for filming.
Beech Street Tennis Courts: The boys' and girls' tennis teams hold all their home matches on these nine, easily accessible courts, located on Beech Street right across from the main entrance to Hill's campus and adjacent to the baseball field. In addition to the wind-screens that surround the courts, their location at the base of a hill helps shelter them from the wind. Convenient parking and benches for spectators on a small hillside next to the court make it an attractive place to watch tennis. A team shed for equipment and racquet-stringing provides practical benefits for the players.
Red Tees: Out – 2655, In – 2704, Total – 5359
White Tees: Out – 3107, In – 3221, Total - 6328
Blue Tees: Out – 3250, In – 3452, Total – 6702
Clubhouse Address: 850 North Adams Street, Pottstown, PA 19464
Learn more about Brookside Country Club.
Home race course for Hill Cross Country
Requesting Access to Community Use (3-minute video) | Submitting Requests in Community Use (6-minute video)
*Additional guides, pictures and maps are available for review in the documents tab of the CommunityUse Portal*
Please contact Darlene Bainbridge, Administrative Manager for Facility Rentals, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-705-1025. Contact Brian Artim at email@example.com or 610-705-1095 with any questions.
Rental groups will be classified as one of the following three levels. Please be aware that Levels 1 and 2 will receive scheduling priority. All rates set forth below are hourly rates.
- Level 1: Community organizations, groups that serve to promote The Hill's mission and programs, Hill parents, or Hill alumni whose program is not-for-profit.
- Level 2: Hill parents or alumni, or groups that serve to promote The Hill's mission and programs whose program is for-profit.
- Level 3: General public, for-profit organizations.
The Hill School wishes to make our partners aware of our recent review of the rentals rates. We have implemented a number of improvements to our facilities over the past three years. These improvements include a new multi-purpose playing surface and track in our field house, resurfacing of our outdoor tennis courts, upgrades to the ventilation and chlorine removal systems in our swimming pool, a new court, sound system and other amenities in Gillison Gym, and continued improvements to our outdoor athletic complex. In order to continue to provide first class facilities to our partners, it is necessary to modify our rates to more accurately reflect the costs of these investments. These rates are effective as of September 1, 2016.
|Facility||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Gillison Gym Court||$65||$85||$100|
|Mercer Field House||
$50 per court
|$70 per court
$150 all 3 courts
|$90 per court
$175 all 3 courts
|Day Squash Center||$20 per court
$100 all 7 courts
|$30 per court
$125 all 7 courts
|$40 per court
$150 all 7 courts
|Outdoor Tennis Courts||$15 per court
$100 all 9 courts
|$20 per court
$120 all 9 courts
|$25 per court
$150 all 9 courts
|Far Fields (grass fields)||$70 per field||$90 per field||$110 per field|
|Harry L. Price Turf Field||$195||$245||$295|
|Cunningham Turf Field||$175||$225||$275|
|Hall/Eccleston Ice Rink||$325||$325||$325|
* The Soccer Field and Dell Field are not available under normal circumstances
* Cost for events such as tournaments and play-days that require the use of multiple fields or facilities for longer than four hours per day will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
When school is in session:
All indoor facilities:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:30 - 11 p.m.
- Tuesday: 6 - 11 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Harry L. Price Turf Field: Monday through Friday: 7:30 - 11 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Cunningham Turf Field: Monday through Friday: 6:15 - 11 p.m.
- All other outdoor facilities: Monday through Friday: 6:15 - 9 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
When school is NOT in session, facilities may be rented out at any time. The exception to this is during the fall and spring preseason practice times — no rentals will be scheduled during pre-season without special approval from the Director of Athletics.
|Returning Groups||New Groups|
|Fall:||March 1||April 1|
|Winter:||July 1||August 1|
|Spring:||October 1||November 1|
|Summer:||January 1||February 1|
A 50 percent deposit is required to secure a desired date and times for facility usage. If the event is canceled prior to two weeks before the start date, 50 percent of that deposit will be returned. The deposit is non-refundable if an event is cancelled within the two weeks prior to the event. According to the nature and duration of each rental, individual contracts will detail a schedule for the remaining balance to be paid.