Updated March 24, 2020
After a great deal of thought and consultation, we have decided to keep our campus closed and continue our Virtual Hill program indefinitely, and in all likelihood, through the remainder of the 2019-2020 academic year. Please click on the video link below for a message from Headmaster Zack Lehman. Also included on this page is the full text of the message and The Hill School's responses to questions most likely arising from this heart wrenching decision.
Spring Term 2020 Frequently Asked Questions:
Read below or click to download a PDF document.
- What is Virtual Hill?
- What is expected of students during Virtual Hill?
- How will I get books and supplies for my classes?
- What should I do if I have to order different materials/supplies for my class?
- What about classes in art, music, or engineering that are difficult to replicate remotely?
- Will the School’s typical grading policy apply to the spring term?
- Whom should I contact if I have trouble with my computer?
- When can I return to campus to pack up my room?
- Will we still have Commencement in May?
- How will discipline be enforced?
- Will Hill Athletics participate in a spring season?
- What will happen to theatre as my afternoon activity during the spring term? Will we still have the spring productions of "Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?" and "The Hobbit?"
- What will happen to non-athletic, co-curricular programs?
In an effort to alleviate anxiety among our students and families as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak and to answer the most questions in the most effective way, The Hill School hosted two Q & A-style webinars. Recordings of these webinars are available below.