Information for Parents of Day Students
Community life is vibrant at Hill. From day one, day students will become increasingly immersed with friends from many groups -- teammates, fellow performers, classmates, and your advisee family. With full access to the Dining Hall, athletics facilities, and campus activities, it is often difficult to distinguish day students from boarders.
Please contact Donna Eilberg P'22 '23 '25, day student dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions.
- If I have a free period(s) at the beginning of the day, do I need to be on campus by 8:25 a.m.?
- What should I do if I am going to arrive late due to traffic or an unforeseen reason?
- Am I allowed to drive myself to school?
- Can I drive other day students to and from school?
- What if I am ill and cannot attend school?
- What do I do if I have a medical appointment during the academic day or during my afternoon commitment?
- What if I want to use school district transportation to travel to and from campus?
- What do I do if I need permission to miss school due to a family obligation, etc.?
- Where do I keep my belongings during the school day?
- How late am I allowed to stay on campus?
- Am I allowed to have boarding students stay at my house?
- Where should I go if I’m on campus during study hall?
- Are day students required to attend seated meals?
- Are day students permitted to attend on- and off-campus events?
- Are day students permitted to spend the night on campus?
- What is a Head’s Holiday?