Information for Parents of Day Students
- Day students are to remain on campus from the beginning of their first commitment until their final commitment for the day is completed. In the event that a student cannot attend classes due to an illness or a doctor appointment, a parent must call the Wellness Center 610-705-1217 by 8:25 a.m. on the day of the absence. If the Wellness Center is not advised by this time, the student will be reported absent from class or other obligations and the Wellness Center will contact the parents.
- Day students are fully integrated into the daily life of The Hill and are expected to attend all required School functions, including those that occur at night. Day students who are on campus during seated meals are required to attend with our boarding community. Day students are to depart campus by 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. All day students are to depart by 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday night, as there is Family Night in the dormitories. During the fall term, third formers are not permitted to use the library; therefore, they are to depart by 7:30 p.m. unless they are attending a required meeting which they are to depart by 8:30 p.m.
- Occasionally, if required School-related events end after 10 p.m. or require departing from campus prior to 8 a.m., or if inclement weather arises, a day student may request to stay overnight at The Hill. In such cases, the student is to complete an Overnight Request Form in the Student Life Office and a parent is to phone the Student Life Office to confirm the request. Both the form and the parent confirmation are to be completed prior to noon of that day.
- During inclement weather, a student who is bussed by public school districts is to check with the Student Life Office and listen to lunch announcements for instructions. Students will be notified via email as soon as The Hill receives information from the school districts. Students are responsible to contact their parents if there is a change in the transportation.
- Day students who drive cars to The Hill are to register their vehicle with Mrs. Eccleston to obtain a parking permit. Day students may not leave campus until after their last School obligation of the day. Motor vehicles driven by students are allowed for the convenience of driving to and from school only. At no time should a day student accept a boarding student as a passenger in his or her motor vehicle. Please refer to The Hill School Handbook for the specific restrictions.
- Social Saturdays for Day Students: Day students are invited to spend the night on campus for recreational purposes. Requests are to be made in the Student Life Office by 1:30 p.m. Thursday. The deadline for returning completed request forms is Friday at noon. Parents are to confirm this with the Student Life Office by calling 610-705-1286 before noon on Friday. Late requests will not be granted.
- We encourage day students and their families to invite boarding students to their home. Please first check the School calendar for an open weekend. Boarding students will need to sign out at the Deans’ Office by 1 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the weekend, and his or her parents may also need to provide permission. As a host, parents are to call the Deans’ Office to confirm the invitation by 10 a.m. on Friday.
Mrs. Heidi Eccleston P'19 '21
Associate Dean of Students and
Day Student Dean
Mrs. Eccleston's office is located in the Deans’ Office on the first floor of the Academic Center.
Day student parents have the opportunity to participate regularly in the life of The Hill School. Attendance at School events in which their child is involved is most often appreciated by the child and is welcomed by The Hill. Please contact Mrs. Eccleston if you have any questions regarding day student life.
View The Hill Days newsletter, a weekly e-newsletter sent to all parents, students, faculty and staff with upcoming events, important announcements, and more.