Support The Hill

IRA Charitable Rollover

For individuals age 70 ½ or older, the IRA Charitable Rollover is a tax-wise way to support The Hill School. If you are required to make annual withdrawals from an IRA account, these otherwise taxable distributions can satisfy your annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), and you can exclude these funds from your taxable income.

Every year, you (and your spouse) can each transfer as much as $100,000 directly from your IRA to The Hill School as a gift for a purpose that you choose, such as student aid, faculty compensation or a capital building initiative.


  • Transfer tax-free gifts from your IRA directly to The Hill School
  • Can be applied toward your annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
  • Beneficial for individuals who do not itemize deductions on their income tax
  • Withdrawals not subject to annual charitable deduction limitations
  • May be used to satisfy multi-year Hill Fund and/or endowment/capital pledges
  • May be used to create an endowed scholarship or other permanent fund

Contact your IRA administrator to initiate the gift by directing them to send a check payable to “The Hill School.” 

Tax ID Number: 23-1352647

Questions? Please contact:

Christian Sockel P'23
Associate Headmaster for Institutional Giving